Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Baking


It's extremely hard to have a favorite Gooseberry Patch cookbook... being that I have 27 of them now.  I love them each and every one!  The one that is open in my kitchen and getting ready to be used shortly is "Gifts for Giving".  I found a recipe for Brown Sugar-Oatmeal Muffin Mix.  I've not tried it yet, but it sounds scrumptious!  The recipe makes enough for three batches.  I am actually going to revise it a little and make mini bread loaves.  From my Pampered Chef party last month, I received the mini stone loaf pan for FREE with my hostess gifts!!  I have been oh so anxious to try it out!  Instead of loading my friends and family up on cookies and candies this year for Christmas, they will receive a mini loaf of bread with a jar of home-made cinnamon apple jelly.  Well, I just can't imagine a Holiday season with no cookie baking or candy making... so maybe I'll have to add a little of that to their Christmas plates.  =]

I am grateful for my love of baking.  I wish I could say it was instilled in me from my mom, but that wouldn't be true.  I do have fond memories of when my grandma would babysit me during the summer.  Every afternoon when we put the little ones down for a nap, we spent that time in the kitchen.  My grandma had cute little pans for me and my cousin to bake our little pies, cookies, brownies or fudge in.  I looked forward to our afternoon baking sessions.  Those are truly precious memories that will never leave me.

I'm really excited to get started on it all!  Working on my shopping list right now for the rest of the ingredients.  Thank you Gooseberry Patch girls for putting together such wonderful cookbooks!


2 comments:

Cora said...

Did you link this to Gooseberry? I had already done one and linked it to them too! I love Gooseberry! Funny-I have that same cookbook in my book stand in the kitchen right now! Small world...I love to bake too and all this just puts me into the holiday spirit! Love it. Thanks for sharing your memories! Made me think of my Grannie!

Cora said...

Pay me a visit for something special:
http://cora-heartfeltandhomemade.blogspot.com/2009/11/fabulous-sugar-doll-and-1830-days-of.html

:) Happy Day!