Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dining Room Shelf

I was able to get a small project done this year.  I forgot to take a before picture (and I just LOVE looking at other's before and afters).  But here's an in-the-process photo.  I bought this nice sturdy wooden shelf at a garage sale for $3.  Robbie is always my helper, no matter what I'm doing he finds me and asks to help.  I let him put the first black coat on since it's going to be painted over a couple more times.

A close up of the red undercoat followed by another coat of black on top..

I finished it off with black Bri-wax and loaded it up with a few prims.  It's a nice addition to my dining room, especially with all the natural wood...

Best of all, I love how it only cost me $3, a little paint, and an afternoon of fun with my little guy.  Oh, and look at the tiny butter mold I found, barely 1 1/4"... I was SO excited!  It's the little round wood piece on the lower shelf, it has an acorn design... adorable!


Thank you friends, for your prayers and sweet words of encouragement on my last post.  I'm grateful that I can come here to express my feelings and be showered with love when I need it the most.  I've been staying busy since Ryan left.  We're cleaning out bedrooms, getting ready for a garage sale next month... lots of kids clothes and toys to pass on.

Thanks for stopping by, wishing you a grand week~

13 comments:

Fran. said...

Hey Angie LOVE the shelf. That little bag hanging is so cute. AND you have a grand week too!! XOXO Love ya Fran.

Sheila said...

Lovely re-do Angie and it looks great against the red wall too!
It isn't easy seeing our children leave the nest but it's a part of life that we must accept, may not like but all part of God's plan.
Blessings,
Sheila

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love your shelf! What a steal! You did a great job with it! ~*~Lisa

Unknown said...

Love your self and all your prims, it looks great! You and Robbie did a great job :)
Kim

Unknown said...

Love your self and all your prims, it looks great! You and Robbie did a great job :)
Kim

Sandy In Montana said...

Your shelf looks amazing, Angie.

Take Care, Sandy

Jessica said...

Your shelf turned out great! What a steal for only $3!!

~Jessica

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Good to be back in touch with you. I like the pitcher full of wooden tools that is on your hutch; I have one very similar!

So proud of your son for signing up. I know it's difficult as a mom, but what a wonderful thing to do.

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love your shelf! Looks awesome against your wall. What a great find for $3. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sandi

The Old Parsonage said...

Love the shelf - we have a similar that waiting for a make over.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Leann

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Angie!!!
I can't believe I have missed a couple of your posts - congratulations to your son...how wonderful!
Gosh you are such a pretty lady!
I send you many prayers for your surgery - I know everything will work out just fine.

Now on to this post - I love the little shelf and how can one pass up something so useful for so little money and a little paint.
Looks so cute.

Blessings
Karen

Danice G said...

What a great re-do of the shelf. And, at such a great price. You really did good on this find and the re-do :)

A Joyful Chaos said...

You did a great job on that shelf!

Blessings~