Sunday, September 13, 2009

In All I Do...


As the praise and worship song goes... "In all I do, I honor you".  Those words are so easily spoken, but how true can I be when I really mouth those words.  Honestly-- there are some days, I really feel like I can't sing that part of the song.  I want to think that I honor Him in ALL I do, but alas... that would be a lie.  I so wish I could say that without true conviction.  I desire that to be my legacy, especially where my children are concerned.  I pray that I can be the Christian influence to them that they need me to be.  I have great responsibility to teach them on a constant basis.  I don't have to look very hard to see an everyday occurrence where there could be a great learning experience for them.  Sometimes I'm so caught up in what I'm doing or how I'm feeling that I miss out on those opportunities.  I'm sorry God!  Thank you, God, for your mercy that withholds from me what I truly deserve and for your grace that gives to me what I don't deserve!  I am grateful for Your mercy and grace.

I also desire that to be my legacy where my friends are concerned.  On a lighter note, I so enjoyed my girlfriends last night.  It is amazing that you can get a group of women together that all have basically the same beliefs, but many different opinions and views... and still get along! =]  I enjoy them all.  I wish I had the time to sit down with each and every one of them separately and have a good friend heart to heart talk about what is going on in our lives.  We so need each other and we can learn so much from each other!  I am grateful for the women that God has placed in my life that loves the Lord first, their husband second and their family next.  I'm glad that for most of us... friends rank right up there after family.

No comments: