As I've been seeing from some of you this week, my snowmen came down also. They got a good dusting and will be packed up tomorrow. They didn't get to stay out as late as they usually do. The culprit would be this...
A daffodil in February?!? I have never in my entire life witnessed this. But I'm not complaining. When I saw them shoot up, I was afraid that a snowstorm would come along and destroy them. I'm happy I captured one, and it's my only one so far. But do you see what's behind it? Others that will be popping open very soon. YAY!
I haven't been out there to clean up their beds yet. There's still leaves and acorn pieces everywhere. It just makes me laugh. Daffodils and daisies are my favorite flowers so I really enjoy my daffodils when they bloom! I have to tell you that my very sweet, elderly neighbor blessed me with about a dozen bulbs 5 years ago. One day I was admiring his rows and rows of daffodils that line his property. The next day, he brought them over to me. What a sweet surprise that was! Now I get to enjoy them in my yard too.
Our sweet blog friend Steph over at Front Porch Primitives blessed me with the Versatile Blogger award. I appreciate her thinking of me although I told her that I am quite boring and it would take me awhile to come up with 7 random facts. So after thinking about it all week I finally came up with a few things. Btw... I have so enjoyed reading everyone's list and learning more about each of you, it's been fun!
I hope I don't bore you to tears, lol but here goes...
1. I worked for Hobby Lobby for 19 until quitting almost 2 years ago to be a keeper of my home and family. I spent a few years on the set-up crew traveling to Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Tennessee opening new stores and remodeling existing stores.
2. Speaking of traveling, my husband has worked for American Airlines for 16.5 years and we get to fly free in the US, Canada, and Mexico... so watch out, you might find me on your doorstep one of these days, lol! But as with everything in this world... who knows how much longer he will have a job there with their recent bankruptcy. We don't worry... God is in control.
3. I am the baby of 6. We are a very close knit family that gets together often. My brothers and sisters all live within 15 miles of our parents, with me being the only one far away at 3.5 hours. Almost all of our family get-togethers consist of the 6 kids, 4 spouses, 16 grandkids, 9 spouses, and 16 great-grandkids. Add the 2 parents and numerous boyfriends/girlfriends and we normally have 50+ gather to celebrate birthdays and holidays. Now that is F-U-N, love it!!
4. When I met Rich, his home was decorated in glossy black and white, very contemporary. He didn't know what to think of my old, rusty, worn antiques and family heirlooms. 17 years now and sometimes he's still trying to figure it out, haha! But I was able to help him lose the contemporary and tone down all that shiny black. =]
5. My mom and I used to set up at craft shows while I was still in high school. While my friends were out partying and living life, I was home creating and crafting away. I can still vividly remember our times together, especially when we would just sit and laugh for so long that we couldn't breathe, haha!
6. I am a freak. Well that's what my family and friends call me anyway. I think it's a term of endearment. Lol! They call me a clean freak and organize freak. But who do they call when they need help with an area of their home?? Yes, I have been known to help others out with their organizing and cleaning skills for FREE. Sometimes they throw me a pizza and a Pepsi for it. Also... I am constantly getting texts and calls from members of the home wanting to know where something is and I can lead them right to it (unless it's from their room, then who knows where anything is?)... then I'm not a freak anymore.
7. This last one is NO surprise if you have been following my blog very long... but I like to ramble... A LOT!! I feel like I always have something to say about everything (which is why I have to comment on almost all blog posts that I read, lol). Which is funny cause I really don't like to hear myself talk but it seems that's all I do once you get me started.
8. I know, I know... only supposed to be 7 but see... I got to rambling. I didn't even think I could come up with 1 interesting fact about me, let alone 7. Of course they are random, useless, probably boring to you facts but that's my life. Which brings me to #8. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. God has given me a wonderful, caring, loving husband, awesome kids, a beautiful home, and a very content life. Often times I wonder why He chooses to give me so much when I don't deserve any of it. But He does, and I thank Him every single day. He throws some bumps in there along the way, and I thank Him for those too for that helps us to remember that He blesses us, provides for us, and loves us unconditionally.
If you're still with me, thank you kindly! =] Thank you Steph, that was fun!
Have a fantastic weekend! Blessings from the Berry Patch~