Wow girls! This is really not going as I envisioned it would. =[
Today marks the 5th week that my kids have been in school. I was not pushing for school to start, I enjoy spending the summer with my kids especially since I was able to quit work this summer and spend even more time with them. But I will say that I would get excited when I thought about the alone time I would have to create, craft, and scrapbook! WRONG!
My little guy started half-day Pre K this year.
My baby girl started middle school this year.
My big guy started high school this year.
Let me just run through what my typical day has consisted of these past five weeks.
- Get the kids up at 6:40am
- Leave the house at 7:20am
- Drop off daughter at middle school at 7:30am
- Drop off oldest son at high school at 7:35am
- Go home and spend the morning with youngest son
- Leave the house at 12:10pm
- Drop off youngest son at elementary school at 12:20pm
- Go home and do dishes, laundry, pick up the house
- Leave the house at 2:20pm
- Pick up daughter from school at 2:30pm
- Pick up youngest son from school at 2:50pm
- Go home and help with homework, check the computer
- Leave the house at 4:45pm
- Pick up oldest son from football practice at 5:00pm
- Go home and cook dinner
- Leave the house at 6:20pm on Tue and Thur
- Drop off daughter at cheer practice at 6:30pm on Tue and Thur
- Go home and relax!
- Leave the house at 8:15pm
- Pick up daughter from cheer practice at 8:30pm
- Go home and get school bags and clothes ready for the next day
- Daughter in bed at 9pm
- Youngest son in bathtub at 9:15pm
- Oldest son in bed at 10pm
- Read books to youngest son in bed at 10pm
- 10:30pm till I crash-- computer time
Daughter's games are every Saturday. Son's games are on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
WHERE'S MY CREATING, CRAFTING, SCRAPBOOKING TIME?!?!
I know, I know!! I've heard it thousands of times and that's no exaggeration... enjoy this time with them while you can for they will soon be gone. I'm trying my hardest!
In-between these "times", I did manage to get things gathered, priced, and set up for a garage sale that we had. We did really good... sold lots and lots of stuff... not much left. Yah for that! I was also able to get almost all my fall decorations out. Yah for that too! Now to find the time to take some pictures of it so I can get that header picture changed, haha!
So if you don't see me for awhile, I'm still here... trying to catch up on my blog reading (only one week behind now instead of two) and taking care of the duties of one blessed momma and wife! I will add this... yes, my husband is very involved with the kids, helping out with them and the chores of the home but he works between 48-60 hours a week on the midnight shift. He's always willing to lead a helping hand after he gets a good day's sleep. =]
Looking forward to seeing all of your fall decorations~